Saturday 24 October 2015

Footwell panels

After sorting the roof I set about getting the footwell panels ready for fitting. So I measured up the centre line of the chassis and drew a straight line down the panel where this would centre my rivets. Then I put evenly spaced marks down the line and drilled them out. I deburred each hole with a 7mm drill bit and then positioned it on the chassis.

I drilled through the first hole and held it in place with a Cleco before continuing with the rest and adding more clecos as I went. 

I then started on the passenger side but the drill died halfway through and it was freezing so stopped for the day. 

Once I've got the passenger panel ready and the back panel I will add the sealant and get them in place.

Took about 3 hours today.




No comments:

Post a Comment