Wednesday 4 April 2018

IVA Test Number 1

I left home early and headed down the M5 with everyone looking at me (probably at the car) and arrived 45 mins early.  The tester greeted me, made me a cup of tea then went off to read the paper until the scheduled appointment - what a laser beam!  Anyway, while I waited, I filled the car with the jerry can from the boot, installed the "emissions map" and gave it a wipe down as it was covered in grit salt.

0830 arrived and we began the test.  The chassis number was checked against my paperwork and then the test began.  All was as expected, very strict but its there for a reason so no gripes from me.  Got to the end and it was a fail on emissions.  I was had 0.1% too much unburnt oxygen in the exhaust gas.  Nothing dangerous, just oxygen so it was a fail.  Everything else passed so although not over the moon, I was still happy it wasn't anything serious and it hadnt been banned from the road.

Got home and rebooked for a few weeks later.  A few photos from the day...








No comments:

Post a Comment