Friday 6 April 2018

More titivating while I wait for the DVLA docs to come back.

Today I had a few hours on the car in the "nice" weather and did the final things.  I finished off the windscreen. It was all cut and marked up from the wooden template so just needed the rubber seal fitting and screwing together.  I then chopped down the wipers and fitted them too. They still need a bit more work as they keep bending or pulling the cable out of the motor!

Next up was to chop the seat bolts down a bit as they keep grinding on speed bumps.  A nice quick job using an angle grinder from my Grandad.

The final job was to refit the LED headlights Id bought and make up some plugs and connections for the DRLs so they switched to amber indicators and back when signalling.  I removed the grille, removed the nosecone indicators and then made up a new connector and cabling for the switching indicator.  Trialed it before fitting and....


And with one fitted....


The final final job was to give it a good wash and wax ready for the moment my documents come back and I can drive it.





Some shots of the LED Lights at Night....

 LED Indicators..


Dipped Beam


Full Beam


A rear shot with LED tail lights and number plate


Side lights still give off plenty of light


No comments:

Post a Comment