Wednesday 8 May 2019

A few repairs and upgrades...

So, its been quite a while since ive updated my blog - sorry to anybody who was routinely following.

All has gone well with my car, there have been the odd minor things to fix but its all running well. Firstly was a leaking drive shaft seal. After lots of research I bought the parts and then attempted the fix.  Off with the wheel arch, wheel, brakes and calliper before removing the drive shaft.  The seal itself took much more effort than I though to remove.  Eventually it came out, new one in and it's all been fine since.  Quite happy with that.  I know I should have done the other side while I was at it but I decided to keep the other seal as a spare.

Next job, I changed the cigarette lighter for a twin USB port with a nice green glow behind it.  It was a very simple swap and cost £8 delivered from Amazon.  It was a one for one swap and fitted in the original hole from the GBS lighter port.  Two wires on the back and it works a charm.  I only swapped it as i realised I no longer own a satnav or indeed anything else that would plug into it so USB ports are more useful.

Im sure Ive done more, but can't thing what - Ill try to update this more often.

1 comment:

  1. What an interesting read! If you're considering repairs or upgrades to your property, I recommend checking out Caliber Construction's website. They offer professional building services that cover everything from minor repairs to major renovations. With their expertise and dedication to quality craftsmanship, you can trust them to handle your project with precision and care. From structural repairs to cosmetic upgrades, Caliber Construction has the experience and skill to bring your vision to life. Visit https://caliberconstruction.co.uk/ to learn more about their comprehensive range of building services and see how they can help you transform your space!

    ReplyDelete