Monday 1 August 2016

Seat runners

I got seats and runners for my birthday so today spent cutting and trimming so they will fit. As they are universal runners they don't fit out of the box so some modification is required.

Firstly I elongated the hole that will attach to the seat at the rear, I did this with a manual hand file. The bottom one is the modified side.



Next was altering the other side, the drill bit would have slipped out of the end so decided to just cut a slot so the mounting bolt can fit anywhere along the slot. This was done with a dremel multi tool.


I filed everything down by hand and then gave all bare metal a coat of black paint to protect from rust.

When it was dry I fitted it to the seats.

Above is the rear of the seat and the hole that was elongated to give extra room at the other end.

 And this is the front of the seat where I cut the slot, not much room to play with here but a good solid fit. The bolts were put in with a bit of thread lock to stop them coming loose in the future.

Once everything was in place I added the handle which was a tight fit but not going anywhere so happy with it as is.


And that's it, now I need to fit them to the car tomorrow - if it stops raining. 

No comments:

Post a Comment